Widening and Strengthening of Sikandra- Jhinjhak – Rasulabad Road (MDR-47) (Km.21 to 40) in District Kanpur Dehat using Stabilization of Soil & Granular Material with Cement and Additives.
Indian Project Details
|Project Name||Strengthening and Widening of the Sikandra-Jhinjhak-Rasulabad MDR (KM-21-40)|
|Project Location||Kanpur Dehat|
|Principal Client||UP PWD|
|Length of the road||20KM|
|Time of completion||8 months|
|Estimated project cost||INR 31.99 Cr|
|Third party monitoring agency||CRRI (a Central Govt. Undertaking), New Delhi.|
- 2 Lacs Tonnes of aggregate was saved
- 18,000 trips of dumper were saved thereby resulting in diesel saving of 12 Lacs litres
- Estimation of the project cost was arrived at INR 32 Cr by using soil stabilization method against INR 42 Cr estimate by conventional road construction mechanism. This led to an upfront saving of 25% to the exchequer
- Against 18 months for time completion period in conventional road construction method, only 8 months completion time is taken in road construction by soil stabilization method
- The road was designed for 15MSA against the asked design of 8.84MSA.